Skip to main content

Guns found in Mercedes abandoned in our neighbourhood

In an eerie reminder of the gossip about Mafia presence in our backyard, an abandoned car following an accident had been found to have a few weapons.

mercedes-gunsHere is how CP24 describes the situation.

A police source says a machine gun with a silencer and two handguns were found inside a Mercedes sedan that was abandoned after a crash in North York's Downsview neighbourhood early Friday morning.

Police said they don't believe this is connected to terrorism. The Guns and Gang unit is investigating the case. 

Officers including emergency task officers and a helicopter, were searching for the driver and other occupants of a vehicle believed to have fled the scene after the car came to a stop.

Toronto police said they were called to Transit Road, just off Allen Road, sometime after 4 a.m. Friday for a report of a Mercedes C55 AMG sedan that had struck the curb.

A staff sergeant from 32 Division said once police searched the vehicle, they found property that was in criminal in nature, prompting a much larger and more vigorous search.

The police source says two handguns, one of which had a silencer, and a machine gun with a silencer were found in the car. Officers were seen in the area of the vehicle brandishing shotguns.

CP24's Cam Woolley located a tire and part of a wheel from the vehicle, several hundred metres south of where the vehicle was found.

The vehicle will be seized as a part of a criminal investigation, police said.

And thusly, the Toronto Police is seizing yet another vehicle without even a judicial ruling.

Sources / More info: cp24

Comments

Popular Articles

The top 5 Giorgio Mammoliti controversies

In May 1999, back when Giorgio Mammoliti was just "George," the councillor for North York--Humber was vehemently opposed to the idea of officially allowing a clothing optional beach at Hanlan's Point, fearing it would lead to rampant public nudity in Toronto. "Today it's a secluded beach, tomorrow it will be the beachfront and then it will be the streets," he said. City council approved the idea 41-9, but Mammoliti refused to let the vote pass without a spectacle. "After removing his shirt and tie, Mammoliti briefly posed half-naked for television crews before the air-conditioning prompted him to slip a jacket over his bare, hairy chest," the Toronto Star reported. "Mammoliti declined to remove his pants." Sources / More info:  The top 5 Giorgio Mammoliti controversies

Taste of Downsview at second edition

Festivals are great. This one started in 2014 and it's at the second edition.

Acid Cloud In the West End

Yesterday an acid cloud threatened residents at Bloor and Lansdowne, which is a bit South of our area.

Subscribe Now!

Subscribe in a reader, or by email:
Your email: