Skip to main content

TCHC alleges former executives fabricated $1M in costs linked to post-fire repairs | Toronto Star

Toronto Community Housing Corp. alleges two former executives oversaw the filing of more than $1 million in fabricated costs in connection with reconstruction work after a fire at 200 Wellesley St. E.
That’s according to statements of defence filed by the city-owned social housing agency Monday in Superior Court, in response to lawsuits launched by Lou Canton and Roman Mesec alleging they were wrongfully dismissed.
TCHC assigned the pair to work at its for-profit subsidiary, Housing Services Inc., in 2007. In 2010, they had responsibility for overseeing HSI’s role in the reconstruction of the TCHC apartment building at 200 Wellesley after a fire displaced many of its 1,200 residents for weeks.

.

.

Sources / More info: TCHC alleges former executives fabricated $1M in costs linked to post-fire repairs | Toronto Star:

[tags][/tags]

Comments

Popular Articles

TTC proposes #RapidTO on Jane Street

Anyone who has been driving or taking the bus on Jane Street knows that it's been in need of traffic relief for quite a long time now. Finally, the City of Toronto is coming up with some ideas and you get a chance to express your view.

Andrei Zodian for City Councillor!

We learned that our president and founder is considering running for office.

Teen shot dead at Shorenham Ct Complex

We have recently learned about a teen shot dead outside a housing complex at Shoreham Ct. This is North of Driftwood and South of Steeles. more > Here's a photo of the street from Google Maps: The full text, as published by CP24: Police say that a 17-year-old boy is dead after he was shot in front of his North York home on Saturday morning. The shooting took place in front of a Toronto Community Housing complex on Shoreham Court near Jane Street at around 11:50 a.m. Police say their preliminary invetigation suggests that the shooter or shooters fired on the victim over a fence before fleeing the scene. The victim was taken to hospital by someone other than paramedics but was pronounced dead a short time later. Police initially said that a young child had been shot, however they later corrected themselves and said that the victim is 17. According to police, there are a number of witnesses who are currently being interviewed at a nearby station. Police also plan to review surveill...

Subscribe Now!

Subscribe in a reader, or by email:
Your email: