- A sinkhole has partially closed Eglinton Avenue West between Keele Street and Richardson Avenue.
- One lane is closed in each direction after the nearly 20-foot hole was spotted early Tuesday morning.
- It appears to be a water main issue and Toronto Water is now investigating, Metrolinx spokesperson Anne Marie Aikins told CityNews.
- This will not affect any work being done in the area and is an isolated incident, she added.
- It’s the second big headache for drivers in this area this year.
- In March, a portion of Eglinton also near Keele and Richardson was closed due to an unstable tunnel at the Eglinton LRT construction site.
- In that case, water and soil had leaked into a passage way connecting two tunnels for the Metrolinx construction project.
Sources / More info: cn-sinkh